Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Betta Feeder

So it is vacation time, and I was going away last week. The day before I left I realized that I needed some way to feed my Betta fish. The solution was easy enough: Google for "Arduino fish feeder".

I liked this solution arduino-fish-feeder (and I had all the parts I needed for it), so I downloaded the source code for it and played a bit around with it. I had to tweak the source code a bit as my servo was still "running" when it was in the zero position. My modifications was to add start and stop position defines to the code and adjust these until it worked correctly. I also changed the feeding delay to 24 hours.

I MacGyvered the solution together with some hot glue and duct tape. See the finished result in the picture below:


Modified source code can be downloaded here.

No comments:

Post a Comment